Sunday, September 2, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

Now that we're getting on the other side of summer craziness, I need to play a little catch-up on the old blog-a-roo! So here we go...

A little known fact about me is that once upon a time - when I had time (aka pre-kiddos) - I use to love to score baseball games. Dan showed me how I could "organize" the game of baseball and I was hooked. When we had the opportunity to attend two baseball games the week the Braves played the Cubbies, we where in!


The first game Dan and I went with friends.
We normally cheer on the Braves except when they play Chicago.
Go Cubbies!!


We were offered free tickets for the second game from some of our friends. We were so excited to be able to take the kiddos to the game (it was Maddie's first MLB game - yahoo!). So our family of four headed down to the Ted to see the game. Then we got to the park and realized how ridiculously great the seats where. It was so AWESOME!! No nosebleeds here!


Dan order Maddie and me our very own Cub hats. Maddie looked super cute in her pink hat.
Now, I officially can't say I don't own any sports paraphernalia. 
This had become a badge of honor for me and I'm a tad sad to let that badge go.


Luke likes to understand things and he asks a lot of questions.
Dan spent a good bit of the evening chatting with Luke about the game.


Maddie loved watching the home run fireworks.
This unfortunately happened a little too often during this game.
So sad for the Cubbies!


I discovered that Minute Maid Soft Frozen Lemonade (Strawberry) will keep the kiddos busy and cool during a very hot evening. I'm pretty sure Maddie would've lost interest quickly in the game if it wasn't for the frosty treat. FTW!!

 I think he is a cutie-pa-tootie!

What a little imp!

It's true there isn't enough free time in my day to score baseball games and there isn't "disposable income" in the budget to attend many MLB games; however, I'm very grateful for these peeps and for the time I get to spend my time with them. I heart them!

No comments: