Monday, June 9, 2008

Madeleine Grace is here!!

It is hard to believe that tomorrow Maddie will be a week old. Crazy, huh? Time sure does fly when you are having fun!! Here is the 411 on Maddie:
  • 7 pounds, 1 oz
  • 19 inches
  • born at 10:36 AM
Here are a couple of pictures:


She's pretty cute, huh? :)

So far, Luke is adjusting pretty well. He gets very concerned when she is crying and is very sweet when he kisses her on her head. He is a two year old little boy and the patting on the head can get a little rough. Luke and I have two very different definitions of the word "gentle" :)

The c-section recovery is going pretty well...it is all about managing the pain. I've been able to negotiate our many flights of stairs without any problems. I'm not saying I'm running a marathon anytime soon, I'm just doing better than I expected. For me, low expectations equals high joy :)

I must give Dan props as he has been great this last week. I absolutely couldn't take care of Maddie the first two days in the hospital. I would've been in big trouble if he hadn't been with me. He did many feedings, diaper changes and outfit changes (we have another spitter). It is awesome to have a husband who isn't afraid to take care of newborn. My husband rocks!!

4 comments:

mckennah said...

such a beauty. crazy you have a maddie grace and i have a maggie grace :) fun!

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty!!! We can't wait to meet her.

I totally agree that the key to joy is low expectations!

Anonymous said...

I was so impressed to see you out and about when you were picking up Luke the other day. You guys are new parent rockstars.

Katy McGuffey said...

She is a cutie! Love the dark hair! Can't wait to spend some time with her in the baby room. :o)