Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Cookies - First Tradition

This is the first year that Luke is really into Christmas. It is so fun to see him get excited about the holiday season and I've been thinking about what I want our family Christmas traditions to be. In preparation for putting up the Christmas tree, I decided Luke and I would make Christmas cookies for the family to eat while trimming the tree. This was the very first time Luke and I were going to work in the kitchen and I was unsure of how it would go.

"It's going faster and faster and faster!!"
He seemed to enjoy the KitchenAid mixer as much as I do :)

I would measure the ingredients and he would but it in the mixer.
It was a great time to practice counting.

Luke exclaimed, "Lots and lots of SUGAR!!"

He enjoyed using the cookie cutters and making all the different shapes.
At this point, we are having fun and I'm so glad this is an activity we will do each year.

The result of eating too much cookie dough.
I'm starting to wonder why I thought baking cookies together was a good idea.

Luke's response to not being able to eat all the cookies we baked in one sitting.
All I wanted to do was create some freaking memories.

Our cookies and hot chocolate that we enjoyed while decorating the tree.
The memories of baking cookies are all good. I'm looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...Andrew responds the same way when I won't let him eat all the cookies. :)

Julie Tiemann said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Fabulous post!