Saturday, May 23, 2009

A hero

Luke, unexpectedly, went under the water not once but twice while we were at the pool the other day. Both times, I calmly walked over to him and pulled him up and sat him on the steps of the pool. Poor dude was shaken both times and I think the incidents have given him a healthy respect for the water. Here is the conversation we had that evening:

Luke: I don't like sinking in the pool.
Me: No, that can be very scary and you can get hurt if you're not careful.
Luke: But you saved me. You're a hero.

Doesn't that melt your heart? I'm a hero in a tankini :O)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's priceless. You're a hero even though you don't work for Darth Vader.

Misti said...

Well, I think his opinion of Darth Vader has changed. I think Luke realizes that Darth Vader isn't the best boss a person can have :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Okay, that's the sweetest thing ever.