Saturday, August 21, 2010

Luke is 5!



Today we celebrated the Luke-man's fifth Birthday...



Can you believe how big he is? I know I say this every year, but I can't believe he is five. It seems like yesterday we were calling him the "Angry Burrito." As a baby, he hated to be swaddled and would get so mad. However, he couldn't handle the responsibility of his own hands and they would attack him while he tried to sleep. Such a catch-22 but I digress...

This year Luke had his first friend party. He has been going to more and more parties and I knew he would really want to have one with his friends too. So, we partied down at Monkey Joe's.


This was the best shot I could get of Luke playing with his friends. I finally gave up trying and decided to wait until they were sitting for cake.


Speaking of cake, here is the pic. This year's theme was Scooby-Doo. Dan has introduced the kiddos to the DVDs and they love watching those "meddling kids" :)


Luke with Monkey Joe. I had heard that an adult dressed as a character could create panic in a child and I am here to report this rumor has been confirmed. Monkey Joe left the party room and order was quickly restored.


Then it was back to the house to open gifts with the Mancini's and have more cake. Can you have too much cake? I submit to you that you cannot :)


Luke on his big-boy bike. How fun is that?
Happy birthday, my sweet boy. You are one loved little dude!

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!

Love,
Your birthday buddy Lily, Amelia, Julie and Mike :)