Saturday, August 20, 2011

Celebrating the Boy!


Luke turns 6 tomorrow. How crazy is that?

The theme for this family party was Iron Man. Power up!

It's a well documented fact that I'm all about the birthday cake. I decided to make Luke's cake this year instead of doing a bakery cake. (It's a long story and I won't bore you with the details.) So, I did a little research and give it my best try.

I realize Ace of Cakes won't be calling me anytime soon but I thought it wasn't a bad first attempt. (BTW, all my research indicated writing on a cake is the hardest thing to do. I'm here to confirm that statement is true!)

He blew out all six candles in one breath.
He was pretty satisfied with himself!

Such a fun kid!

Love this little dude!

2 comments:

Jill said...

So cute!! Happy Birthday Luke!! Major props for the cake - impressive!

Julie Tiemann said...

Fun post! And I'm way impressed with the cake - that blue icing could not have been easy to make either!

Happy Birthday, Luke-man!