Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dressing the post-pregnancy body

I'm back to work on Sunday and the thought of wearing my maternity clothes really makes me super sad. So, I've gone through my closet and shopped for clothes in order to put together a wardrobe that doesn't completely depress me. I've learned a few lessons over the last few weeks and I wanted to document them for future reference.
  1. Just because I can button a pair of my pre-pregnancy pants doesn't mean I should wear them at this time...not at home and definitely NOT in public.
  2. My shirt should never cover my entire butt. I'm just asking for someone to slap a "caution wide load" sticker on my back along with some flashing yellow lights. This look isn't and never will be a fashion statement.
  3. I need to dress the body I currently have and not the body I someday want. Clothes that actually fit you make you look better even if they are a "larger" size. Who knew?
  4. If all else fails, buy and wear sassy shoes. I'm currently not carrying the extra 10 pounds in my feet :)

So, when I'm wearing these new shoes...


I guarantee the following is playing in my head:



Man, that is a happy little tune. It never fails to make me smile :)

3 comments:

Katy McGuffey said...

I'll just let you know that I finally fit into my pre-baby jeans again, 5 1/2 years and two kids later. Whew! And now we might have another one...wonder how long it'll take to get back again if I do...? Sheesh!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets depressed every time I walk into my closet. :)

Lisa Michelle said...

If you want to see a bad sight, go to my site
www.haveyouhadababy.blogspot.com