Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

It is true, I'm completely crazy. I've been very excited about today because the plan was to go to my in-laws to celebrate my birthday, my mother-in-law's birthday and America's. How fun!! In preparation for this occasion, I've purchased red, white and blue outfits for Luke and Maddie to wear. I've been envisioning the cute pictures we would be able to take with the two of them, together.

Of course, I'm not used to getting two children out of the house and I needed to be ready to go by 2:00 pm. So, I started early by packing bags and getting items ready to go. At 12:00 pm Maddie had her bottle and her bath. By 1:00 pm, she was in her cute 4th of July outfit and in the bouncy seat waiting for our departure. She looked SO cute I had to take the following picture and email it to my in-laws:


With an hour to spare (Luke would be up from his nap at 2:00), my plan was to get myself ready and eat a little lunch. Yeah!! Then...Maddie spit up what seemed like the whole contents of her 12:00 bottle. That is right folks, curdled formula all over her and her outfit. I was SO bummed. No more sweet smelling baby and no more cute outfit. Here is the crazy part. I couldn't let it go. I promptly stripped Maddie, washed the outfit by hand and put it in the dryer. I could've put her in another dress, but that won't do. This one says, "My first 4th" on it, people. I then proceeded to "spot" clean her...not as sweet smelling but close enough.

By 2:45, the outfit still hadn't dried and we had yet to leave the house. I put her in a onesie (she had been napping naked) and hung the outfit in the minivan to dry. Needless to say, I didn't get to eat lunch.

After all that work, I bet you're thinking I would be posting many a pics of Luke and Maddie together in their 4th of July duds. Nope, not one picture of them together. I got caught up in the visit with my in-laws and taking care of the kids. I completely forgot. That rocks! So much for organization and planning :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Gotta love it! By the way, did you say you have a mini van???

Misti said...

Yes, I'm now rocking the mini van. From miata to mini van in less then three years. I no longer know who I am ;) By the way, never say never :0)

Anonymous said...

Kids: the constant reminder that you're no longer in control.