Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Death Star

Conversation between Luke and me:

Luke: What did you do at work today?
Me: I had some meetings, answered some emails,
Luke: Why?
Me: Because people asked me questions.
Luke: What type of questions?
Me: Well, questions about getting into a Bible study.
Luke: About Star Wars?
Me: No

Once I said no to Star Wars, he quickly changed topics. No more chatting about my work. Apparently, if I don't work on the Death Star and report to Darth Vader, my job isn't worth talking about. You have to love the three year old mind :)

2 comments:

Katy McGuffey said...

At the end of art class today, we had a little more time to kill so I played a simple version of Pictionary with the kids. Keep in mind this was Luke, Olivia, Seannah, and Madeline. Every time someone began to draw Luke would same something like, "Bat Man!" or "Super Man!" And once when it was his turn to draw, he was using a yellow marker. I guessed he was drawing Spider Man - bad mistake! He turned and looked at me with an awful scowl on his face, "No! Spider Man is red!" I should have known.

Anonymous said...

This is good information. If he asks me, I'm going to tell him I work for the Rebel Alliance.