Friday, September 19, 2008

Rules for Sippie Cups

I know that I'm known as being "particular" when people are being polite or "anal" when people are being truthful. And I'm okay with that, it is who I am. With that said, I realized today that I have a rule for sippie cups. Yes, I'm absolutely being serious. You see, the lids absolutely can't match the cup. They have to be different colors like so:
Under no circumstances should the lid and cup match. I can't even tell you how bad it hurt to take this next picture:
I find myself organizing the cups and lids as I'm taking them out of the dishwasher to make sure I don't end up with a match. If I do, I figure out what lids need to be changed.

My world is slightly insane. I'm not afraid to admit it. However, I know you have "rules" too. What are you particular about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a bigger freak than I thought you were, and yet somehow I admire your dedication. :)

I have to have all the silverware facing down in the dishwasher and I like for our shirts in the closet to be in order of color (ROY G BIV-if you remember that from grade school).

Katy McGuffey said...

That's funny! I have to have the girls' sippy cups with matching lids and they have to match the cup it came with. I can always tell which lid goes with which cup because the older it is, the more it is chewed. And I am very annal about it! after my husband puts them away, I have to go back in a redo them. Pretty weird. :)