Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm back...

Well, the 21 day fast came to an end on Thursday and it has taken me till now to check back into all my social media goings on and TV. Unplugging wasn't as hard as I thought. It only took me a couple of days to stop thinking in 140 characters or less :)

God was faithful and opened my eyes to just how much of a distraction social media had become to me. I have a lot on my plate but the margin and pace of life I experienced the last 21 days has been incredible. I don't want my kids to remember me in the "iPhone pose". I have more fun and I am more fun when I'm engaged in the real world around me. My real world is rich with blessings and I don't want to miss any of it!

So, I'm testing the waters to see what limited Facebooking, Twittering, blogging, etc. looks like. We will see how it goes. Here's to moderation :)

BTW, what did you learn during the 21 days of fasting and prayer?

No comments: