Tuesday, June 8, 2010

P-P-Ba-Pa-Eee

When you translate "P-P-Ba-Pa-Eee" from 2 year-old to adult it means "I need to pee pee in the potty". This isn't a conversation starter but a call to action. It means I need to go potty now or I've already started to go potty. (The first one involves rushing her to the bathroom and post pee pee in the potty celebration. The second involves a clean-up on aisle 5.)

The downside is the Wee-One has started to use it as a manipulation tool. At least twice a week, after I've put her in her crib for the night, I hear through the monitor, "MOMMA, P-P-Ba-Pa-Eee". She also uses it as a way to get me to hang out with her if I'm working around the house. She knows I'll stop whatever I'm doing and go into the bathroom with her. Sly little fox!

I can't tell you how excited I am that Maddie has started to let us know when she needs to go to the bathroom. One more step towards potty independence. Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Woo hoo!! Way to go, Maddie! I loved the "clean-up on aisle 5" joke. :)