Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Girl Bed

At dinner on May 3, Maddie announced, "I want a big girl bed for my burrfday. I don't want seep in a cwib. I not a baby. I a big girl." How do you argue with that?
She later said she wanted a butterfly big girl bed. Which was good because I had already purchased the bedding. Phew!!


I knew from Luke's transition from crib to toddler bed that there would be a lot of empty wall space once we took down the crib. So, I purchased wall appliques that matched her bedding. Now her side of the room is very girlie and fun!!

The bummer is I didn't realize I needed to clean the wall before I applied the wall appliques. So, the appliques are lifting up from the wall. Seems I will need to start over. Boo! Live and learn, right?

That there my friends is one happy girl with her big bed! This morning when she got up the first thing she did was straighten out her covers and make her bed. Love her!!

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

SO fun!! I can't believe she's so mature to stay in her bed all night the first night AND to make her bed the next morning. What a cutie pie!

Misti said...

Well, I had to sit in the room on Saturday night because they broke the three rules which are:
1. Stay in bed.
2. Don't touch Luke (or don't touch Maddie). That rule seems strange given the first rule but they like to whip their blankets at each other and someone's going to lose an eye. Ugh, children!
3. Be quiet.

If I come and sit in the room, they can't say a word and have to lay with their head on the pillow. Total bummer, right?

Both Sunday and last night, Dan had to go in a drop the hammer but then they settled down and went to sleep. Hopefully, it will remain this way. We'll see :)