Monday, June 27, 2011

Bugs!

Maddie had her first nightmare. Wow, it was intense! In the middle of the night, she started screaming and you could tell she was terrified. I ran down the hall, scooped her up in my arms, and whispered in her ear to calm her down. And, thankfully, she eventually did. As I was talking to her, it became clear that her nightmare had to do with bugs. She said over and over again that she didn't like the bugs and that she was afraid of them.

I can dig that fear because I (like most gals) have a huge hatred for bugs. Yuck!! I've never had a nightmare about bugs but I felt like I could sympathize with her. Until the next day I realized these are the "bugs" she's afraid of...

Yep, Maddie is afraid of these purple and green bushes. She will tell you she doesn't like big bugs or small bugs. Please don't ask me to explain why she calls them bugs because I have no clue!

The funny thing about Mads is we can try to correct her but she won't use the correct word. She will REFUSE to...until she is ready. Then and only then will the incorrect word become a distant memory.

That girl is something! She completely owns my heart!!