Monday, September 12, 2011

Saying goodbye to the A-Man

Today was a very sad day. Today we said goodbye to our 19 pounds of pure personality...

Austin D. Powers: International Man of Mystery

He was selfish. He would get his dog tags in his mouth as a puppy and growl at you if you tried to touch them.

He was devious. He once brought in a charcoal briquette from outside, hid it under a chair, and then waited for us to leave to get it out and play with it all over our living room.

He was smart. After going through obedience lessons, he behaved like a show dog but only on the black lash we used during the training. On the flexi-lead, he was a complete jackass.

He was like black velvet. After he was groomed, his coat felt just like a piece of velvet. So soft!

He never ran away. Why would he run when home had all the comforts he needed?

He was fickle. He favored the person who was in charge of taking care of his needs.

He was social. He assumed that all visitors were here to see him.

He had a classic Napoleon complex. He was small but mighty. He insisted on always being the alpha-dog.

He was love. For 13.5 years, he unconditionally loved us and thought we were the best people. We were his pack. I wish I was half as awesome as my dog thought I was.

I'm going to miss you A-man. You will be remembered as the best dog ever.

3 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Oh Misti. I'm so so sorry. :( I know you're so sad. Such a sweet post (and that picture of him baring his teeth is great). Hugs to you, my friend!!!

Natalie Carretto said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your sweet pup! It's never easy saying goodbye to a pet that has love you so well!

Misti said...

Thanks, gals! I appreciate your kind words :)

Julie, it does look like he was baring his teeth but he was actually born with an overbite. Some people would wonder if he was getting angry with them which always made me laugh because he loved people so much :)