Saturday, April 26, 2008

Potty Training - Day 5 - Sanity Break

It was absolutely fabulous to get out for two hours this morning and get a pedicure and manicure. That's right folks, I splurged and did both. There is a world outside of my house and most people aren't focused on potty training. Who knew?

Luke asked me if I got my toes done when he got up from his nap. I said yes and asked him if he thought they looked pretty. He looked down at my toes and said they were pink and shiny. I'm taking that as a yes. You take what you can get when you're the mom of a boy :)

As for the potty training, we are still making progress. I want to be careful that I don't set-up a power struggle with him over the potty. So, I'm trying to figure out the balance between insisting that he try to go at regular intervals versus him taking the lead and letting me know when he has to go. I'm pretty sure he would spend the day wet if I didn't insist he try to go to the bathroom. However, as my friend Jill would remind me, he isn't going to go to Harvard wearing diapers. I must maintain the correct perspective :)

Oh, I almost forgot... Dan has been teaching Luke that they need to open and hold the door for me. Luke and I went to the post office yesterday and at every door he would get in front of me and say, "I need to open the door for you." Shut-up. Too cute!! There was no way for him to open those big doors on his own but watching him try made my heart melt. I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that he wants to get the door for you! That's about the sweetest thing ever. Who cares if he wets his pants when he's that sweet. :)

Kfranklin said...

ok, that's the best visual ever. oh what a sweet boy you have.