Monday, April 28, 2008

Potty Training - The last day at home

Tomorrow, it will be back to work for me and back to school for Luke. I would love to report that today was a banner day and we have gotten the potty training job done. However, I would be lying to you. Today looked a lot like day one with many accidents and very little going in the potty. I feel like we've gone backwards instead of moving forward. We will see how things go this week when he is back at school. I'm crossing my fingers :)

On the super hero front, we have two new obsessions. The first is with Superman. Grandma has gotten Luke a pair of Superman pajamas with a Velcro cape. That's right boys and girls, Luke has a cape. He runs around the house making flying noises with his cape flapping behind him. He insisted on wearing his shirt and cape to the pharmacy this afternoon. Of course, his obsession was only reinforced by everyone (pharmacist, older gentleman, checkout clerk, and etc.) calling him Superman.

The second is with the Hulk. He insists on taking his shirt and cape off and running a round the house. This indicates that he has officially become the Hulk. If you ask him, "Hey Luke, do you want a snack?" His reply is, "I'm not Luke, I'm the Hulk. Rooaar!" Oh my!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I can relate to the whole superhero obsession! My boys all have capes and we have been to many stores with them on. I am actually kind of scared that they think they are really superman and batman!

Amy said...

i just found your blog today. i have missed you, friend. and good luck with the potty training. isn't it fun? wait until the day when he gets really quiet and you call out to ask him where he is and he replies, "i'm in my room. i'm trying to clean up this poop." yeah, that is a lot of fun.

Misti said...

Hey Amy!! Nice poop story. I'm so excited to have stories that involve the bodily functions ;) I miss you too!! However, I've been keeping up with you on your blog...which I absolutely love!!