Saturday, May 10, 2008

That's mine...

We went to our storage POD on Saturday and got all the baby stuff out. I'm feeling like we are almost ready for Maddie. Woo-hoo!!

However, I know Luke is not ready for Maddie. Just the short time at the POD threw Luke into a severe case of "mine". If Dan, I, or Austin (the dog) made a claim to one of our items, Luke said it was his. Then at the end of the day I had to reassure him that Me-Me (his favorite blanket) was indeed his. I know the transition ahead will be tough for him. I would love any advise from my experienced mom friends. What did you do to make this easier on your first borns?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...in my head, I've always spelled it "Me-a-me."

Misti said...

He used to say me-a-me but I believe it is now me-me.

Anonymous said...

Ah, well, I stand corrected.

Katy McGuffey said...

I'll just let you know that your first child gets used to it, eventually, out of necessity. I still deal with it with my girls, but I bet it will be a little easier with a boy & girl. I make my girls share everything because it doesn't make sense to get Kelsey the same "girl" toy that Kayla already has. Either way, if they don't share, they don't get to play with it. :o) I use the "tough love" method. Seems to have worked so far. Not sure if this helps...