Saturday, May 15, 2010

Potty Training Boot Camp

I return to work tomorrow which means the Mancini Potty Training Boot Camp is coming to a close. It was a rough start and I thought about bagging it on Monday. After re-reading some materials and chats with some wise people, I decided to continue (after making some adjustments) and Maddie has finished strong. I'm pretty proud of the little gal. We had multiple outings today and she used public bathrooms like a champ. Woo-hoo!

Maddie hasn't learned to ask to go to the bathroom, yet. So, I have to be aware and take her to the bathroom at regular intervals. Luke did the same thing when he was potty training. So, I'm not sweating it because I know it will come over time. The hard work this week has laid a foundation that we can build upon and I'm super excited about that!!

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

You are my hero for sure. Your boot camp was hard core. Would love to know the adjustments you made... I'm definitely glad we waited. Amelia MIGHT be there, but judging from your experience, I don't think *I* am. ;)

Jill said...

Way to go! you will be one of the wise people I'll be calling in a few years. So, be ready to pass it forward. =)