Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Potty Training Prep

Well, according to the countdown call box to the left of this post, there are two days remaining until we officially start potty training Maddie. Woo-hoo! Can you feel the excitement?

In preparation for the big event, I revealed Potty Patty to Maddie this evening. Potty Patty is a doll that drinks water from a bottle, has big girl underwear, and "voids" in the potty when you squeeze her leg. How fun?!?

Of course, Maddie promptly changed Potty Patty's name to Baby and Maddie absolutely loves her. I showed Maddie how we give Baby her bottle, take her to the potty, remove her big girl underwear, and how she pees in the potty. I clapped, blew a party horn, and said, "Yeah, Baby! You peed in the potty like a big girl!"

Maddie then helped me give Baby another bottle. After we were done, I announced that Baby had to go to the potty. Maddie then took her to the bathroom, remembered she needed to remove her underwear (I had to help), and then she placed her on the potty. After Baby went pee in the potty, Maddie clapped her hands and said, "Yeah, Baby!" We also blew our party horns. She is getting it. Yeah!

Maddie did sit on the potty herself and tried to squeeze her own leg to make herself pee. Too funny. I'm not worried about it because we'll be putting all of it together on Friday. I think we're off to a pretty good start.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I realize this is a serious event, but honestly, "Potty Patty" has to be one of the funniest things I have EVER heard of!!! Sounds like an SNL skit waiting to happen...best of luck!!

Misti said...

They also have a Potty Scotty. I kid you not :)

Emily Meredith said...

Okay, seriously - THIS is awesome. Now I have some sort of clue how to start with Sam - though the pediatrician told me that boys shouldn't really start the process till 2 and a half. I'm glad to have some time but also glad to read this post. The things that become important topics of conversation when you become a parent. LOL

Lacey said...

So we've been trying this potty thing for a while now and EC gets it, she just doesn't want to during the day - only at night before her bath. I think we're going to try the no diaper thing one weekend and just pray it works! Maybe Potty Patty is just what we need! :-)