Friday, March 11, 2011

Hope for the Journey

As I was reading "Mere Churchianity" by Michael Spencer (The Internet Monk) this evening, I read a paragraph that nicely described my hope. Here is the paragraph on page 147:
In every moment when I am winning, Jesus is with me. And in every moment when I am losing, Jesus is with me. At any moment when I am confused, wounded, and despairing, Jesus is with me. . . . Because I belong to One whose resurrection guarantees that I will arrive safely home in a new body and be part of a new creation, I miraculously, amazingly, find myself continuing to believe, continuing to move forward, until Jesus picks me up and takes me home.
Friends - this life/world is crazy. There are joys and there are heartaches. There are successes and failures. There are times when life is comfortable and times when it's horribly uncomfortable. There are times when nature is simply breathtaking and times when it's destructive.

My hope is not in my circumstances. My hope is in Christ and eternity spent with God. The God who loved me and rescued me. That's it.

And what a wonderful hope it is!
Misti

No comments: