Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Journey...

Hey friends! I know it has been awhile since I've updated here. Life got busy and yada, yada, yada...

But I've begun a little journey and felt this would be the best way to communicate it to the peeps who don't see me everyday but we keep tabs on each other via social media ;)

A couple of weeks ago I had a biopsy done on my thyroid. I received the results on Thursday and it came back as suspicious for papillary carcinoma (cancer). The Endocrinologist has recommended that the thyroid be completely removed and I meet with a surgeon tomorrow afternoon to talk about what is next.

Those are the facts. The feelings?

Well, I feel like I'm on a roller-coaster ride at the moment. I do a big drop, then I climb up again and realize it's going to be okay, only to ride back down again. This came as a shock to me and I've been processing and trying to wrap my mind around what is ahead of me.

I'm currently stirred but not shaken.

I'm not sure how much I'll blog about this. I plan to and I'm sure there will be Twitter and Facebook updates. Feel free to ask me about how things are going if you want to or feel free to not :) I'm aware this is central in my world but not for everyone else.

Thanks for the prayers, love, and support I've already received. I'm thankful for the amazing community God has provided.

Chat with you soon!
Misti

5 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Oh Misti, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. Just know that you are without a doubt in my prayers. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. Especially if there's a Friday that we could keep the kiddos for you or something... Just let me know. I'm serious - we're here - whatever we can do... Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Misti, Thanks for updating. I'll be praying from across the pond. You are a brave and faithful woman. I know you will handle this with impeccable grace and a due share of crazy :)
Much love!

Unknown said...

oh that's funny. I'm logged in as Sam. This is Amber. xo.

Lacey said...

Praying perfect peace and healing over you right now. Much love! Lacey

Misti said...

Thank you ladies for the words of encouragement and for the prayer. I know I'm experiencing such peace today because of you guys!! I feel SO blessed!!

Amber, I have to admit I was taken aback by the "Samuel" posting. At first I was wondering who is this Sam that reads my blog from across the pond. Ha!